Please note due to covid19 our reiki services are done via online appointment only through zoom, facetime, facebook or whatsapp.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is about creating the space and time for relaxation and rejuvenation of our-selves. So that we can truly identify our emotions, physical problems and see blocks within our body. A healer will use their hands to deliver and direct universal energy into your body and auric field to shift energy that no longer serves us and invite loving, gentle and relaxing energy to balance and sooth your chakras and energy body.
The word Reiki is derived from two Japanese words: rei and ki. Rei means “higher power” or “spiritual power.” Ki means “energy.” Put together, Reiki can be loosely translated as “spiritual life force energy.” Reiki was created by a Buddhist monk named Mikao Usui after meditating for a solution to create healing energy. Reiki is a way to create peace and relaxation and allows those getting treatment to get into a meditative healing state. Out of all the healing modalities it is the least concrete, seems mystical, magical or just a little kooky.
But once you experience an energy healing it is a profound self discovery that leads you to wanting more. For me reiki helped me become more daring, curious and open to my own spirituality and empowered me to make life changes.
I was recently featured on breakfast television Montreal for my work on reiki:
How does a virtual Reiki treatment work and what can I expect?
Reiki energy can be utilized in person or via distance to feel calm, relaxed and to remove energy blocks. I have successfully been doing remote reiki sessions for my clients for many years through out Canada, United States, New Zealand and Australia.
Our sessions are focused on you and the type of energy you wish to release or let go of and or the energy you would like to focus on. I then start our session with a guided meditation to help you feel at ease, relaxed and grounded. This meditation is done typically seated. After the meditation I get you to lie down and relax and I send through healing energy. After the session you will relaxed and rejuvenated and we chat about any messages I have received during the treatment and your own experiences. Sometimes I will give you homework to continue creating good energy for yourself.
Most clients report the same experience as an in-person session! Which is great because you have a session anywhere from the comfort of your home or office!
What does an in-person Reiki treatment typically look like?
- Patients are fully clothed and can be worked on lying down on a massage table, sitting, standing or remotely sent energy.
- Reiki practitioners may lay hands, and through touch create the opportunity to direct energy to areas of the body that are in need of positive energy. The practitioner may appropriately touch parts of your body, although it is not always necessary to deliver healing energy. If their are areas of the body that are sensitive please let me know prior to our session so that I can modify my healing protocol for you
- A reiki practitioners job is to hold a relaxing space for you to receive universal energy. Essentially, we act like a tap to universal energy to allow healing for the person to come through
- Ultimately any healing or release is always done by the client not the practitioner, a reiki practitioner’s role is to hold the space for your own self discovery and releasing
- When a treatment starts, the reiki practitioner starts by scanning the body and going through the chakra system as a guide. We will then work based on hand positions on the body or hovering over the body to shift energy
- Sometimes we will use reiki symbols to i) boost or slow energy frequencies, ii) create emotional tranquility and iii) transcend time and space to provide distant support
- We may use breathing, crystals, feathers, and music to assist us during a session
- We end the session by “racking away” energy and grounding you
- During the session you or your practitioner may receive messages from the body or spirit and at the end of each session we debrief and discuss the session
How does Reiki work?
What can Reiki Help me with?
- Pain Management
- Immune boosting
- Anxiety and Stress
- Depression and low energy
- Abundance, radiance and confidence
- Boosting their spiritual growth
- Removing blocks in our energy field and our chakras
- Chakra cleanses and harmonizing
- Personal empowerment
What does a Reiki treatment feel like and how will I feel after a Reiki Treatment?
- Feel nothing, this is normal. Sometimes this can change with additional treatments as your personal sensitivity is increased.
- Feel hot/cold and tingling sensations
- Be relaxed and fall asleep
- Feel supported
- Be re-energized
- Obtain personal discoveries and insights including but not always he presence of other spirits or hands on their body when there is nothing there
- See colours
After a reiki treatment no matter what the session is like the most common conclusion is that it is so relaxing. Here are some other outcomes:
- Helps achieve personal meditative states and relaxation
- Promotes personal awareness
- Enhances spiritual connection
- Fosters natural self-healing
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Balances energies in the body
- Reduces pain and discomfort – great for headaches
Sometimes after our sessions I am guided by my intuition to give you home-work so you can continue doing your own personal development and healing outside of our sessions. This homework is designed to support your desired state or help you release or come to terms with the personal issues or challenges you are facing. With my clients if they have a question about their session I am available to answer any quick questions or concerns.