Nicole Fortunaso Featured on Breakfast Television Montreal for Reiki
In Feburary 2019 JustBreathein.ca was featured in a piece that Stephanie Erickson did for Breakfast Television Montreal as their care-giving and health expert in exploring non-traditional remedies for our health care. The clip was filmed from my Beaconsfield Studio in the West Island Montreal. On a personal note it was exciting and challenging, and it is surprising to find out how long and how much work just goes into filming a two minute clip!
But I digress…
In her Wellness Wednesday segment Stephanie spoke to how many of us naturally turn to traditional medicine to heal our physical aches and emotional pain. But holistic and non-medical interventions like reiki can be helpful as well.
In a world of stress and pressure we can get sick and run down and that is when we turn to our doctors and pharmaceutical drugs for relief. While it is recommended that we always go to a doctor, they don’t always have the answer. That is why as part of our overall health, a mind, body and spirit holistic approach is great to consider, like reiki. In some cases our sickness may be from a conflict that we have emotionally or spiritually. And as the sickness may have originated from that source it is important to try and combat the dis-ease from this emotional or spiritual point of view as a way to heal .
In the interview Nicole Fortunaso was able to speak to:
- how reiki is a relaxation technique that uses the bodies natural energies, some people may know this energy as chi.
- the reiki practitioner transferring positive energy to the client through their hands and this energy is used to relieve stuck energy in the clients system
- how reiki activates the parasympathetic nervous system that helps the body and mind relax. And when then mind and body is relaxed this is when the body can heal itself. Or more accurately the client can heal themselves
Stephanie Erickson also gave some tips to viewers who are wanting to try reiki for the first time:
- Have you thought about all the ways you have tried to overcome your health topics? Is it working for you? Are you open to trying something new?
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations. You will be surprised at how many people you know may have tried reiki in the past or know of someone that may have tried it
- Make sure you look for a certified practitioner, and do you know that some insurance companies may even cover it!
- Just be open! Embrace something new, you never know where reiki could take you on your healing journey
If you are interested in learning more about reiki or having a reiki session, please feel free to contact Nicole from Justbreathin.ca she is a qualified practitioner and can give out health insurance receipts. You can also check out some of her reviews on her facebook page.
Stephanie Erickson is an advocate for health, mental illness and family care-giving if you want to check out more of her work you can check out her Youtube Channel .